CD4047 consists of a gatable astable multivibrator with logic techniques incorporated to permit positive or negative edge-triggered monostable multivibrator action with retriggering and external counting options.
Inputs include TRIGGER, -TRIGGER, ASTABLE, ASTABLE, RETRIGGER, and EXTERNAL RESET. Buffered outputs are Q, Q and OSCILLATOR. In all modes of operation, and external capacitor must be connected between C-Timing and RC-Common terminal, and an external resistor must be connected between the R-Timing and RC-Common terminals.
Astable operation is enabled by a high level on the STABLE input or a low level on the ASTABLE input, or both. The period of the square wave at the Q and Q Outputs in this mode off operation is a function of the external components employed. “True” input pulses on the ASTABLE input or “Complement” pulses on the ASTABLE input allow the circuit to be used as a gatable multivibrator. The OSCILLATOR output period will be half of the Q terminal output in the astable mode. However, a 50% duty cycle is not?guaranteed at this output.
The CD4047 triggers in the monostable mode when a positive-going edge occurs on the TRIGGER-input while the -TRIGGER is held low. INput pulses may be of any duration relative to the output pulse.
The CD4047-Series types are supplied in 14-lead hermetic dual-in-line ceramic packages (F3A suffix), 14-lead dual-in-line plastic packages (E suffix), 14-lead small outline packages (M, MT, M96, and NSR suffixes), and 14-lead thin shrink small-outline packages (PW and PWR suffixes).
- Lower power consumption: special CMOS oscillator configuration
- Monostable (one-shot) or astable (free-running) operation
- True and complemented buffered outputs
- Only one external R anc C required
- Buffered inputs
- 100% tested for quiescent current at 20 V
- Standardized, symmetrical output characteristics
- 5-V, 10-V, and 15-V parametric ratings
- Meets all requirements of JEDEC Tentative Standard No. 13B, “Standard Specifications for Description of ‘B’ Series CMOS Devices”
- Monostable Multivibrator Features:
- Positive-or negative-edge trigger
- Output pulse width independent of trigger pulse duration
- Retriggerable option for pulse width expansion
- Internal power-on reset circuit
- Long pulse widths possible using small RC components by means of external counter provision
- Fast recovery time essentially independent of pulse width
- Pulse-width accuracy maintained at duty cycles approaching 100%
- Astable Multivibrator Features:
- Free-running or gatable operating modes
- 50% duty cycle
- Oscillator output available
- Good astable frequency stability:
= ?2% 0.03%/?C @ 100 kHz
= ?0.5% 0.015%/?C @ 10 kHz (circuits “trimmed” to frequency VDD?= 10 V ? 10%)
Digital equipment where low-power dissipation and/or high noise immunity are primary design requirements:
- Envelope detection
- Frequency multiplication
- Frequency division
- Frequency discriminators
- Timing circuits
- Time-delay applications
|VCC (Min) (V)||3|
|VCC (Max) (V)||18|
|ICC @ nom voltage (Max)(mA)||600|
|IOL (Max) (mA)||4|
|IOH (Max) (mA)||-4|
|Rating||See Data Sheet|
|Input Type||Standard CMOS|
* Product Images are shown for illustrative purposes only and may differ from actual product.