Available either in through-hole or surface mount packages, the BTA16, BTB16 and T1610, T1635 and T1650 Triac series are suitable for general purpose mains power AC switching. They can be used as ON/OFF function in applications such as static relays, heating regulation or induction motor starting circuit. They are also recommended for phase control operations in light dimmers and appliance motors speed controllers.
The Snubberless™ versions (W suffix and T1610, T1635, T1650) are especially recommended for use on inductive loads, because of their high commutation performance. By using an internal ceramic pad, the Snubberless™ series provide an insulated tab (rated at 2500 VRMS) complying with UL standards (file reference: E81734).
Features of BTA16-600BRG
• Medium current Triac
• Low thermal resistance with clip bonding
• Low thermal resistance insulation ceramic for insulated BTA
• High commutation (4Q) or very high commutation (3Q, Snubberless™) capability
• BTA series UL1557 certified (file ref: 81734)
• Packages are RoHS (2002/95/EC) compliant
• Insulated tab (BTA series, rated at 2500 VRMS)
Applications of BTA16-600BRG
• Snubberless versions (BTA/BTB…W and T1635) especially recommended for use on inductive loads, because of their high commutation performances
• On/off or phase angle function in applications such as static relays, light dimmers and appliance motor speed controllers