The ATmega16A provides the following features: 16Kbytes of In-System Programmable Flash Program memory with Read-While-Write capabilities; 512bytes EEPROM; 1Kbyte SRAM; 32 general purpose I/O lines, 32 general purpose working registers; a JTAG interface for Boundary-scan; On-chip Debugging support and programming; three flexible Timer/Counters with compare modes; Internal and External Interrupts; a serial programmable USART; a byte oriented Two-wire Serial Interface, an 8-channel; 10-bit ADC with optional differential input stage with programmable gain (TQFP package only); a programmable Watchdog Timer with Internal Oscillator; an SPI serial port; and six software selectable power saving modes.
The Idle mode stops the CPU while allowing the USART; Two-wire interface; A/D Converter; SRAM; Timer/Counters; SPI port; and interrupt system to continue functioning. The Power-down mode saves the register contents but freezes the Oscillator, disabling all other chip functions until the next External Interrupt or Hardware Reset. In Power-save mode, the Asynchronous Timer continues to run, allowing the user to maintain a timer base while the rest of the device is sleeping.
Features of ATMEL ATMEGA16A-MU Microcontroller:
- High-performance, Low-power Atmel AVR 8-bit Microcontroller
- Advanced RISC Architecture
- High Endurance Non-volatile Memory Segments
- Programmable Serial USART
- Master/Slave SPI Serial Interface
- Programmable Watchdog Timer with Separate On-chip Oscillator
- On-chip Analog Comparator
- Power Consumption @ 1MHz, 3V, and 25?C